For the fourth year in a row, a selection of PREMIER Athletes have been named to Pro Wrestling Illustrated’s PWI500 list. Headlined by “Mr. Athletic” Jeff Cobb Continue reading
From PREMIER Wrestling President, John LaRocca
Leading up to PREMIER XIII, injuries to the two originally scheduled participants in the main event, former PREMIER Champion Joe Graves and Gabriel Gallo threw the Championship into a state of flux. With the Championship vacated due to Graves’s injury putting him out of action for six months, the top two contenders, both former Champions, “Mr. Athletic” Jeff Cobb and “The God Of War” JR Kratos competed for the gold at PREMIER XIII. Jeff Cobb came out the victor and is now a two-time PREMIER Champion.
I know the rankings after Premier XIII would be tricky. Both the former Champion Joe Graves and Gabriel Gallo have claim to being the number one contender for the PREMIER Championship. Graves had to vacate the Title because of his torn bicep injury and never lost it in the ring. Gallo earned a title shot by keeping his undefeated record intact with a win at PREMIER XII.
Since Joe Graves had to vacate the title because of injury, Joe Graves is officially the number one contender. When PREMIER finalizes the date for PREMIER XIV in the late fall, if Joe Graves is unable to compete at that time, Gabriel Gallo will get the title shot. It was only fair to rank Joe Graves the number one contender and Gabriel Gallo ranked at number two.
Another note regarding the PREMIER rankings: we will be removing those Athletes who have been inactive for the past year. Here now is the official, revised Top 10 Ranking.
Top 10 Rankings
Champion – “Mr. Athletic” Jeff Cobb (7-6-1)
1) “The Soul Fighter” Joe Graves (5-1-1)
2) Gabriel Gallo (5-0-1)
3) “God Of War” JR Kratos (9-4-1)
4) Timothy Thatcher (5-3-1)
5) Marcus Lewis (5-6)
6) Buddy Royal (4-5)
7) “Golden Boy” Dylan Drake (4-5)
8) Alexander Hammerstone (3-0)
9) “The Butcher” Tyler Bateman (3-3)
10) Douglas James (1-1)
PREMIER XIII – July 17th, Gilroy CA
1) “Ace” Buddy Royal (4-5) pinned Levi Shapiro (1-1) with the figure four leg lock in 12:51. Shapiro passed out from the pain and shoulders were counted down.
2) Alexander Hammerstone (3-0) pinned Douglas James (1-1) in 9:35.
3) Nicole Savoy (4-3) submitted Desi de Rata (0-1) in 4:21. With this win, Savoy earned another shot at the PREMIER Women Athletes Championship.
4) “The Butcher” Tyler Bateman (3-3) pinned “The Flying Lion” Marcus Lewis (5-6) in 11:59 with a downward elbow
5) “Mr. Athletic” Jeff Cobb (7-6-1) pinned “The God Of War” JR Kratos (9-4-1) in 13:18 with the “Tour Of The Islands” slam to win the vacated Premier Championship for the second time.
6) “Queen Of Spades” Shayna Baszler (2-0) submitted RAZE in 8:29 to win the PREMIER Women Athletes Championship.
Tickets for PREMIER XIII are available for just $10 online at Showclix! Act now while supplies last!
What happened the first time “Mr. Athletic” Jeff Cobb and “God of War” JR Kratos met with gold on the line? Take a look back as we prepare for them to fight at PREMIER XIII on Sunday, July 17th in Gilroy!
PREMIER XIII – Sunday, July 17th, 2016 – Gilroy, CA
PREMIER Championship Match
“The King of No Rules” Gabriel Gallo faces the winner of “God of War” JR Kratos vs “Mr. Athletic” Jeff Cobb
The winner will be crowned the new PREMIER Champion after the title was vacated by “The Soul Fighter” Joe Graves due to injury.
PREMIER Women’s Championship Match
Raze defends the title against “Queen of Spades” Shayna Baszler
PREMIER Championship Contender’s Match
“God of War” JR Kratos vs “Mr. Athletic” Jeff Cobb
Clash of the Classics
Levi Shapiro vs “Ace” Buddy Royal
Alexander Hammerstone vs Douglas James
Nicole Savoy vs Desi De Rata
“Flying Lion” Marcus Lewis vs “The Butcher Tyler Bateman
Tickets are still available only at the early bird price of $10 each on Showclix! Seats go up to the full price of $15 at the door so act now while supplies last!
PREMIER XIII will take place live on Sunday, July 17th at the I.F.D.E.S. Lodge – Portuguese Hall located at 250 Old Gilroy St in Gilroy, CA.
Doors open at 4:30p, first bell rings at 5p
*Card Subject to Change*